Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Treasure Box




Here's the new pendant I mentioned last night. I have a tendency to make big, chunky focals, and I wanted to try to create something a little more delicate looking. I'm pleased with the way it came out. This particular setting has shells, freshwater pearls and a piece of coral in it. I strung it temporarily with opal and more freshwater pearls, but I could see this looking good as well on a simple sterling chain. I could also see varying the contents of the box quite a bit, to include other types of "treasure". This design will also be in the shop when it opens, hopefully next week.

There's still a lot to do to set up, but I'm slowly getting there. I intend to open with about 10 pendants and gradually add up different types of stock over the next month to include clasps, earrings, bracelets, maybe one or two of the more lavish necklace designs, maybe rings. Wish me luck... I'm sure I'll need it!!

All right, it's back to work for me. As always, thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this really is a treasure! That should do very well in your shop!

the vicious chicken said...

Aw, that's beautiful - great work :o)
VCx

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, you two! I hope you're right, Vickie.