Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Charmed Kisses



The Husband and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary tomorrow, so I'm going to go ahead and post this now, as I'm not sure whether I'll be able to visit tomorrow or not. I'll be too busy reflecting on the fact that the Husband actually ever popped the question in the first place. Or, as my mother puts it, "You're lucky that you actually found someone willing to put up with you - you're not easy to live with, you know." Yes, indeedy, it's now been some years since then, and we have the Short One and our current state of parental exhaustion to prove it.

In actual fact, "celebrating our wedding anniversary" translates to taking the Short One out for a nice meal. I will be carrying a container full of homemade apple sauce just in case the cuisine doesn't meet the SO's standards but anticipate that a nice time will be had by all (except possibly for the servers that have to clean up after us once we've left, but that's a different story). I must state for the record that, apart from dropping food everywhere, the SO generally has impeccable restaurant manners. He loves going out to eat. The Husband and I are anticipating a nice toast (with apple juice) on his part tomorrow night. We may not understand it, but I'm sure we'll enjoy the sentiment.

Anyway, it seems an appropriate time to unveil the full Kissing Bandit necklace. Ta da! I must admit, this is one of my favorite pieces. I like the way it ended up having kind of an ethnic feel (H. says it looks Indian to him, but I kept thinking about belly dancers as I strung it, for some reason), despite the fact that the colors and subject matter aren't really ethnic at all. In addition to my PMC pieces and Sarah Moran's Smooches button, it contains blue chalcedony, turquoise, rose quartz, freshwater pearls, a glass banana bead, and Czech and quartz glass.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesomely beautiful; how creative and very lovely. Happy anniversary!

Monkee Maker said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you are all having a lovely day :)

And the picture/cartoon on my blog refers to the knotted handkerchief that men used to wear at the beach here in the UK. It's died out now, with the advent of disposable tissues, I guess :)

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thank you!!

MM - oooh, I guessed totally wrong then. What an odd, err, interesting custom. (How do you do that little strike-through, thingy? I've always wanted to know.) I'd never seen it before.