Saturday, October 27, 2007

Fresh from the Oven



Well, these buttons are fresh from the toaster oven in which I bake polymer clay. Close enough, though. I ended up having time to make the buttons, for which I'm grateful. The more I knit, the more I think this is going to look too much like a regular sweater and too little like a costume. However, the buttons should help. I hope. I had a little panic when I discovered that I didn't have any brown clay or any clay in regular primary colors with which to make brown clay. I ended up using bronze clay and white and black to make the "cookies". The end result is slightly shiny, but I think they'll pass.

I'm just finishing one arm of the sweater right now. I have the other arm, the button band and the crew neck to go. Oh, and finishing the blasted thing (my least favorite part), but since I knit the body in one piece and picked up stitches for the sleeves from the armhole, the finishing shouldn't be too bad. The party isn't until 3:30pm tomorrow, so theoretically, I can work on this during the SO's nap, too. Sigh.

Thanks for all of your kind comments about the Etsy store. I live in fear that no one will buy anything (I'm a glass is half empty type of person), but I figure that if I don't at least try it, I'll never find out. Talk about moving outside one's comfort zone...

All right, back to the sweater. I probably won't be posting again until Monday. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing. You do good work. People WILL buy!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks for the supportive comments, Vickie!