Friday, October 26, 2007

Have you any wool?



I am falling further and further behind on the Short One's sweater, and I need to finish it tomorrow night, so this post will be quite short.

I collected these wonderful sheep and balls of yarn beads from lampwork artist Lezlie Belanger over the past year. Great, aren't they? I finally have an idea of what to do with at least some of them. I've decided that one set, once the piece is finished, will be going into my Etsy shop. Yep, I've decided to open a store on Etsy. My business license application went through today, and I'm just waiting for certain documentation, so I can register wholesale accounts with a couple vendors. I'm hoping the store, which will start out modestly - I plan on listing ten items, initially - will go live sometime in the next two weeks. I'll keep you posted.

I received good news today. The Kissing Bandit/Charmed Kiss necklace will be in a new book on metal clay that will be published next summer. Calloo, callay! More on this later, too.

Okay, break's over. I'm very sorry for writing such a lame-o post, but I'd really like to get the SO's costume/sweater finished, and finished properly, before his party on Sunday. Wish me luck!

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on deciding to open an etsy store!!! I can't wait to see your offerings. I love what you did with the bunny bead adorable and can't wait to see what ewe do with these.

melanie brooks said...

Good for you, Melissa! I think its a great idea! Etsy is really quite easy to use and its such a fun site. I wish I could use it more, but can't seem to find the time...

Christina J. said...

Those sheep are adorable! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Etsy shop, Melissa! I'm thinking of opening one myself, so I'll be anxious to hear how it goes. Since I'm the proud owner of one of your originals (that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE) I'm certain you will do well!

Jenn

Melissa J. Lee said...

Sorry for taking so long to acknowledge these wonderul comments - I've been knitting (and swearing up and down I will never be so disorganized again - at least until the next time). Thank you! I looked into Etsy - they seem to make it quite easy to hang up a shingle. I'll definitely keep you up to date on how it goes.

Christina, Doesn't Lezlie do amazing work? I love her cute, sculptural beads. I hope to have something to show you by the end of this week.