Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Stash Additions



So, anyway, here's the haul from the show this past weekend. I may have mentioned, I tend to get pretty distracted when I attend these things. In order to stay focused, and because my memory is really like a sieve these days, I wrote down the names of the five projects I'm working on right now on a slip of paper before entering the show. Every time I felt my eyes glaze over and started muttering "Oooooh, shiny!", I took out the paper and peered at it. It worked, sort of. Everything here is designated for a specific piece, except for the aventurine (the blue discs). They were on close-out, and I couldn't resist.

The white leaves and pearls are for a new winter design that I intend to use with the "Noli Me Tangere" donut. I'm waiting for a few findings to arrive in the mail, but I hope to get started on that this week. The violet Czech glass, will go into the "Charmed Kisses" piece from yesterday. The big banana glass beads are destined for a new work called "Here Be Dragons". The faceted red jasper - well, I'm not going to tell you exactly what I intend to do with it, but I will say that some of the beads will go into the next giveaway prize. Incidentally, I'm already up to 75 posts - I guess that's what happens when one tends to numerous shorter posts - so it look as if the 100th post giveaway could happen in early November.

So far, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop regarding my cold. It's a sad fact that the Husband gets over these things within 4-5 days, but my colds tend to build up to a crescendo and last anywhere from 2-5 weeks. On top of that, the Short One woke up congested this morning, too, so we've been just sitting around the house today with our noses dribbling (such an attractive picture, I know). The temperature around here dropped from the 80s (F) to the 50s today, too - I guess there's no getting around the fact that winter is coming. Sigh.

On the other hand, I have really no excuse to continue procrastinating over the winter knitting! Vicious Chicken, I am intending to add my name to your knitting speed survey! I even have a project in mind - I just have to wind the yarn and actually cast on the blasted thing. Knowing me, I'll post at 2am early Friday, but I do intend to get it done. So, with a grim look if determination, I'm off to dig out my ball winder...

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

the vicious chicken said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you're planning to enter my KSSP :o)

You did get some beautiful things for your stash at the bead show. My faves are definately the gorgeous aventurine (not that I'd have known that's what they were if you hadn't said!) - I wouldn't have been able to resist those either, project or no project...
VCx

Anonymous said...

Ooohhhlala--what nice beadage stuff! Faceted red jasper, you say? Luv that-must keep my fingers crossed for next go-round! I did something different last night jewelry-wise and made a button bracelet sted of using beads. Hadn't made one in years but saw some cool buttons in a yarn shop the other day. Stopped thee on my way home from work last night and got some.

Christina J. said...

Looks like you found some nice additions to your stash! I have so much trouble sticking to just what I need at bead shows!

Monkee Maker said...

Such restraint ..... I'm impressed!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Well, I think having just been to another bead show last month helped in the restraint department - the budget is really depleted!

VC, I have wound my ball of yarn. I'm going to cast on tonight after the SO goes to bed. I just need to have the Husband time me!

Vickie - whenever one comes across a cool button, I think it's pretty much imperative to pick it up!