Friday, September 7, 2007

Something Wicked



Well, this is basically all that I've been able to accomplish this week, sigh. I ran out of metal clay right before we went on vacation. I didn't want to order more before we left and risk it coming while we were away (the stuff is too expensive to be sitting around). I placed an order while we were in NYC, and it finally arrived yesterday. Other than the "something" looking a little crowded, I think it came out, well, okay. Maybe. We'll see how it looks once it's all assembled. I was originally going to string it with a strand of branch coral (above), but now I think the color of the glass drops is going to clash with the coral. I wish I'd bought the black glass drops instead, sigh. On the other hand, I also have a couple nice strands of black spinel and some chunky faceted onyx. Clearly, I'm still undecided on how to finish this piece. Also, I haven't made the clasp yet. In other words, I really don't have much to show for this week. Oh, well. Have a good weekend, anyway!

No comments: