Wednesday, September 26, 2007

And the Winners Are...



Remind me when I do this again (and I think I will be doing this again) not to even make a pretense of the Short One picking out the winner, will you? He actually did pick the winners - yes, there are two - of this contest, but it took a little while for him to select one entry and then to convince him to actually give it to me or anyone else. Apparently bits of paper (and I used folded Post-It notes, thinking that they would make nice self-sealing entries - in actual fact, they made lovely decorations all over the S.O.'s clothes while I chased him around the living room) are in fact more fun than a barrel of monkeys, especially when they're placed in a hat one hasn't seen for some time.

When I finally coaxed the first entry out of his chubby little paws, it turned out to be (drumroll, please):

IHT! Congratulations, IHT - you've won the bracelet! Huzzah!

Now, I have to confess here that the "I" in "IHT" stands for Ingrid, and she is the person I somewhat sarcastically suggested de-lurk and leave a comment (which she did - grudgingly). I've known her for over twenty years, and she was my matron-of-honor. (See, Ingrid?? See?? It doesn't hurt to de-lurk once in a while, does it?? Sheesh.) As a result, in the interests of fairness, I decided to select a second winner. After repeating the same exhausting procedure with the Short One, including a short bout of tug-of-war and many complaints on his end, we came up with a second winner:

Maria Grimes! Congratulations, Maria - you've also won a bracelet! Huzzah!

Maria, thank you so much for stopping by my blog and entering the contest.

So, Ingrid and Maria will both be receiving Something Wicked bracelets. I know where Ingrid lives - Maria, if you could send me your address, I'll be happy to ship your prize off to you. You can contact me at strandsofbeads@yahoo.com, if you need the blog address.

Many thanks to everyone who entered this contest. I loved the informative and very kind comments all of you left. This was a lot of fun, and I will be doing it again, probably a "100th Post" giveaway. Next time I'll have something cute and sweet as the prize, since I know skulls are not everyone's cup of tea.

Best wishes to you all! As always, thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations to both the winners !!! Yeah Beads

Monkee Maker said...

Doh! I was hoping that with my run of luck recently my name would leap out of that hat!

Hurrah for the other winners though. *sigh*

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

as fancy pants said! congraulations to the lucky winners! ps: your resin and sterling piece is cool!

Anonymous said...

Good morning, folks. Congrats to the lucky winners; need I say I am jealous? No? Well I'll say it anyway. I. Am. Jealous! Cool bead-work by Melissa!

Anonymous said...

HOLY CANNOLI!!!!
NO WAY!

ME?

Does that really say...
Maria Grimes???

Wait let me put on my glasses...

YES!!! It really does say MARIA GRIMES!!!
(doing happy dance now)

Thank you S.O. for picking my name!
Melissa, I am over joyed!
Halloween is my favorite! Now my wrist will be adorned with one of your works of art! I am honored! Thank you so so very much!
But, be prepared to get lots of emails...as soon as everyone sees it on my wrist...they too will want to own one! Thank you so much again! Maria :o)

Melissa J. Lee said...

Well, I checked my stats this morning and I'm already up to 55 posts, so I'm thinking the 100th post (with associated giveaway) is likely only a couple months away. Thanks again, everyone, for participating!

Jean - thanks for the compliment on the resin/silver "charm" (I suppose it's a little big for a charm)! I still need to work out a few kinks, but I'm getting there...

Anonymous said...

Oooh, this is so exciting - I never win anything! (Of course, it will be obvious to everyone else that the draw was totally rigged.)

If this weren't a public blog forum I'd suggest that you could just turn the bracelet into a Xmas present, so it's no longer an official prize. But since this is a public blog forum I won't do that, and will instead just say how thrilled I am that I won! I won I won I won!!

Rachel @ REvangeline Designs said...

Hey, thanks for being so bold and fun! I am jealous though...

:)

Melissa J. Lee said...

Hi Anonymous, I'm glad you're happy about your win. You'd have to ask the S.O. if he had any ulterior motive. Of course, you did give him that super-cool pop-up book for Christmas last year, and he still kind of digs that mobile you bought him the year before. Hmmmm.

Mama said...

Oh! And I had a nice plan in place for ME winning the bracelet : (

ps: congrats to Ingrid and Maria!