Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Blogger's Blogger


I've been given my first blogger's award by the sympatico Monkee Maker. The Nice Matters award is apparently to be "awarded to those who are just nice people, good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration! Those that care about others, that are there to lend support or those that are just a positive influence in our blogging world." I think this is the first time I've ever been called a positive influence on anyone (including the Short One). Of course, now that M.M. has given me the award, I'm getting more visitors from the U.K., which means more people to gape at my little faux pas in my September 14th "Knitting Corner" in which I refer to my "fanny" - which does not mean the same thing on this side of the pond as it does over there, I hasten to point out. (For those who need a translation from the American to the English meaning of the slang term - or vice versa - please go here.) I knew this ten years ago, but it completely slipped my mind (so much does these days, sadly) when writing the post. Shameful, eh? Hmmm, still, M.M. is the one who called me a positive influence in the first place...

Seriously, though, thank you to Monkee Maker - I feel like a blogger's blogger now! I would like to pass this nice award on to the following wonderful bloggers, in turn:

Jenn of Caligirl Art Glass
Beatrice of Fried Peas
Melanie of Earthenwood Studio
Lezlie of Canterbury Keepsakes

(There is one other wonderful blogger - a lampworker - to whom I would have given the award, except that I'm pretty sure she would prefer to remain anonymous. You know who you are, if you are reading this post.)

I'm a little pooped (shopping for beads is very strenuous, you know), so I'm going to defer any other discussion to tomorrow. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Chart Smart said...

Nice Blog :)

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Teri! I'm such a philistine that I understood only about 2% of your blog, I think, but I found your discussion of the Fibonnaci sequence and the Golden Ratio as applied to finances to be fascinating.