Friday, November 23, 2007

The Road of Life



This may sound a little weird, but I've always thought traffic lights make attractive decorative items. The lights have that nice jewel tone to them and the pattern is clean and modern looking. Well, I think so, at least. I like the way this pendant came out, but next time I'd apply a dark patina and try mixing opaque colored resin. I have a feeling the result would be more dramatic.

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. We certainly did, here. The Short One had his first taste of pumpkin pie. At the first suspicious bite, the small eyebrows shot up and excited noises were heard. Two thumbs up, clearly. I ended up having to grab a second spoon and inhale half of the pie myself, as I didn't want him to finish the whole adult-sized piece (only motherly, altruistic motives here, really. No, really).

Of course, some of us here in the house were more thankful than others:



No lager or bananas yet, but in the spirit of reduced expectations, the chair (which belongs to the SO) is very comfy. Ignore the huge pile of magazines in the corner, okay?

Have a great weekend, everyone. See you on Monday.

2 comments:

Monkee Maker said...

Oh yes, that traffic light pendant is fab! (and even though I don't know what a patina is, I think it looks quite dramatic already)

It's great to see the monkees again - I hope the SO liked them nearly as much as he liked the pumpkin pie!!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, MM! I'm sure the monkees will be making another appearance. The SO loves them!