Monday, January 18, 2010

Power of Love


Well, I'm late as usual, but I finally completed a couple new pieces for Valentine's Day. Here's the first one - The Power of Love. As far as the inspiration behind this word pendant is concerned - it's always struck me that love is often less of a hearts-and-flowers affair and more of a smack-you-in-the-face-whether-you're-ready-or-not sort of experience. Hence, my onomatopoeic word pendant.

I also thought it would be interesting to cast off the usual rubber stamps and use raised letters instead to, uh, pack more of a punch. Sure enough, this hand-cut lettering was pretty fun to make.

Actually, "pendant" isn't quite right. It's hard to tell scale from the photo, but this is a bracelet link. I finally bought a bracelet mandrel a bit ago, so I thought I'd go ahead and use it.

So there you have it - finally, a modest new piece from me. Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

mairedodd said...

love this piece! and i like your interpretation of love ~