Thursday, January 28, 2010

From the Heart


I thought I'd share a new necklace design with you today.

In my goody bag this month, Rings & Things sent Valentine-themed components which included several of these cute lampworked heart beads. I don't know about you, but they remind me of frosted sugar cookies. I decided that one was simply not enough for a focal, so I strung four decorative hearts with Swarovski crystal on a short length of beading wire to create a single long dangle. The large 10mm faceted rose quartz is also from Rings & Things from my stash. I finished the piece with smaller rose quartz beads, a few pearlized seed beads and a floral toggle clasp.

Thank you to Rings & Things for providing great holiday inspiration (as usual)! Does anyone else have Valentine's jewelry to share? Let me know!

Please note: The lampworked heart beads mentioned in this post were promotional gifts from Rings & Things for review and/or design partnership purposes.

9 comments:

Silver Parrot said...

Very cute! I got the same package but haven't done my designing with it yet. Guess I better get a move on!

Unknown said...

Melissa thats really so lovely!!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Hi KJ, I know what you mean - time's passing so quickly. How could it already be February?

Dave Robertson said...

Nicely balanced necklace, Melissa, I like that...and you're reminding me to get the next goody bag ready for you :)

--Dave
at Rings & Things

Chelester said...

Very cute!!

Cyndi L said...

Those hearts look good enough to eat! I don't know if they're cookies or maybe candy, but yum :-) Darling beads and fun necklace!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thank you, all! (Arent' they cute beads, Cyndi?)

Dave, I always look forward to your packages!

Tammy said...

Cookies, yes perfect comparison!

Jeannie said...

The hearts look exactly like cookies. What a fun piece.