Sunday, January 10, 2010

If only...


I've put up another lot of Koigu, cashmere and Prism Cool Stuff yarn on eBay. This pic is just part of the yarn in a kit to make this fab coat:


I think people either love or hate Koigu's modular knit-wear, and I just love it. I seriously love it. But when I think about actually sitting down and taking the time to make this coat, made from 37 skeins of fingering weight yarn, I know that I would knit one sleeve and then the rest would sit under my bed for the next ten years. So I've put it up on eBay, along with smaller lots of Koigu. I've also re-listed some older stuff. Please go here to view my current auctions.

ps. I'm working on a few new bead designs -seriously! I'll get back to my regularly scheduled programming soon. Thanks for your patience.

4 comments:

Andrew Thornton said...

The colors are fab! But my skills are lacking in a major way. I admire knitters and people who can crochet. On my last trip to Florida, I tried to have my mom show me how. This did not turn out so well and my knuckles were sore from her rapping them. "Control! Control! CONTROL! Why can't you do this? It is so easy!"

Melissa J. Lee said...

Hi Andrew, I've been knitting since I was about 8, although I didn't learn how to read patterns until I was in my 20s - I think it's really a matter of practice! Koigu has the best color combinations. I'm always inspired by what the master dyers come up with each season.

Joann Loos said...

I must be one of those that love Koigu. I think that coat is devine! Alas, I don't have the money to buy the kit :( Thanks for sharing it!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Hi Joann, I know - the kit is Not Cheap. Frankly, if I didn't have that broken MacBook to deal with, I'd probably keep it, but, well, in the end I'd rather have a working computer.