Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bead & Jewelry Linky Love


So I have a new bookcase. I mean, I have a new bookcase. You have to understand - bookcases to me are the most perfect pieces of furniture. I adore bookcases - I am the daughter of a librarian, and I have books. Many, many books. I own more books than yarn (and by now, you know how much yarn I have, embarrassingly enough). Nothing makes me happier than piddling around arranging my books, re-arranging my books and then pulling my books off of the shelf to read them.

When we moved from our condo to the house in which we currently live, we lost a ton of storage space (the condo had an enormous amount of built-ins). Many of my books and magazines, and all of my new acquisitions, ended up in piles on the floor. No longer, I'm happy to say. This bookcase, this thing of beauty, now houses all of my beading and metal clay books (and some knitting books as well). It is, in a word, my craft library. I'm so happy!

I hope you all had a good weekend. Here are your bead and jewelry links to get your week off to a good start:

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
I really think Barb Switzer is a super person and editor! I was thrilled when she interviewed me last year for the online newsletter, Simply Beads!

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Inspired by a lampwork glass champagne-hued Basha Bead and a shibuichi mermaid pendant, Andrew creates a whimsical and sophisticated necklace.

January's Art Bead Scene Challenge is a snowy landscape with a solitary magpie painted by Monet.

Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi has a special Paris post on photographing jewelry.

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
Lorelei tests the waters with some new bead elements from Pork Chop Show.

Cindy Gimbrone, the Lampwork Diva
Rewind: Cindy's Art Noveau inspired Stile Floreal bronze clay pendants.

Jewelry & Beading
Cyndi wants to know, wanna be facebook friends?

Katie's Beading Blog
See pix of Katie's workshop offerings for the Bead & Button Show in June. Registration opened this week and classes are already filling up!

Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts
Barbe will be tooting Jean's horn for her new book Steampunk Style at CHA.

A Bead A Day
Unraveled star beads become springy coils in Lisa's wintery white dangly earring project.

About.com Jewelry Making
Tammy has developed a quick link list to help you find the jewelry info you need.

Jean Campbell
Oh, geez. Jean's tooting her horn again about her new book, Steampunk Style Jewelry...

Strands of Beads
Melissa has a fun time exchanging bead stashes with a friend to create a new bracelet.

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Rose said...

Working in a bookstore, I understand the bit about the piles of books and magazines. Unfortunately, at this stage in my life, I cannot afford to move out of the one bedroom I rent from my cousin. I am toying with the idea of renting a small storage space for my ever-growing collection of books... but but but.. then I'll be away from them!!! Wont they miss me???

I love that shelf you have there in the picture. The little label frames remind me of the old library card catalogs... you know... the Dewey Decimal system? And that HUGE thing of drawers? Hm. I want one. :P

Melissa J. Lee said...

I don't think I'd survive working in a bookstore - I'd use up my entire paycheck on books! I keep thinking that the old library card catalogs, if you can find them in rummage sales or whatever, would make great storage for beads and jewelry...

kate mckinnon said...

It makes me happy to see two of my books on your loverly new shelf!

Melissa J. Lee said...

I have a feeling there will be two more up there (and a DVD) before the end of the year!

Melissa J. Lee said...

ps There are actually four - the 2003 Project Workbook is up there, plus the calendar which is tucked slimly into the far left side of the same shelf.