Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hell, yes!


Thinking back on it, I'm not sure how it came up, but I spent some time chatting with Sarah Moran a few months ago and somehow we decided to go ahead and do a trade. Although I really like the idea of trading, I have a hard time figuring out what's equitable when it comes to my own work, so I don't do it very much. I always feel as if I end up getting the better end of the deal.

Anyway, there were a few pieces of mine that Sarah has liked for a couple years, as well as a few gemstone beads from my finished projects, so I went ahead and made a set of my stuff for her and hunted down whatever I had left of the beads. I had a harder time figuring out what to request in trade. If you've ever looked at her catalog, you'll understand - there's just too much from which to choose - and it's all fabulous. I finally had a word with her - at the point we were talking, she had just started experimenting with silver 104 with truly excellent results - and we decided that if she continued working with the silver 104 that she would set aside a few beads for me from the next lot.

My trade beads are above. She actually gave me my choice of beads from her next big lot of experimentation and, let me tell you, I agonized over narrowing my choice down. And do I think I got the better end of the deal, here? Well, you know, just check out the title of this post...

4 comments:

sandi m said...

She's one of my favorite lampwork artists. Just top notch qualtiy workmanship.

Lucky you! Now to see what you do with them....

z-beads said...

when both parties feel like they got the better end of the deal, that's a good trade!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Hey Sandi - that's always the problem. No project ever seems good enough...

Melissa J. Lee said...

Sarah, thanks so much for trading - it was a lot of fun!