Thursday, September 24, 2009

News to Smile About


(Okay, okay - I realize the title of this post is not grammatically correct - but I couldn't figure out a better way to put it. Now on to the good stuff:)

Anyone who has read this blog for any appreciable amount of time (whatever that is) will know that I am a big fan of Sarah Moran's work. I love substantial beads, bold colors and cool, geometric designs - and her work has all of that and more. Her Smooch! bead has always been a favorite of mine. One of the first necklaces I ever made, "Charmed Kiss", incorporated a Smooch! into the focal:




(You can tell this is an older piece due to the terrible, lo-res photo - one of these days I will re-photograph this piece...) Did I mention that her vibrant colors just knock me out?



(Note the super-cute fish-tail toggle in this gorgeous pile.) What you may not know is that Sarah has been writing interesting, amusing and sometimes entertainingly acerbic updates through her website for several years. Due to what may laughingly be called the march of progress (also sometimes known as technology run amok - I can hear S. snorting while she reads this), Sarah has decided to abandon this format and start a blog. How fabulous. How wonderful. (How completely unexpected!)

It's brand new, but I already know that it will be something to watch (and read). I highly recommend that you pay a visit by going here. What are you waiting for? Go! Go now!

9 comments:

SueBeads said...

Melissa, I love her beads too!

TesoriTrovati said...

Wow...she does gorgeous beads. Thanks for sharing her with us! I will check out her blog...if you like it I know I will! Enjoy the day! Erin

Anonymous said...

those colors are vibrant, wow, but very nice.

Sarah said...

Thanks for the props, Mel. I often have to get out the dictionary when I read your blog. I like that. The word was "ascerbic".
Sarah :)

mairedodd said...

these are beautiful & those smooch beads - awesome! it always blows me away when i consider the talent we are surrounded by... thanks for introducing me to her...

sandi said...

Oohh - Sarah makes fabulous lampwork. Her color combos, shapes, and workmanship are one of the best in the glass bead world. I'm a proud owner of her beads, too. You're right on about her personality!!

Melissa J. Lee said...

It's good to know that I have friends with good taste. :)

S, Welcome to the blogosphere! I hope you like it here.

Cyndi L said...

Those smooches are just too cute!

Pretty Things said...

Sarah Moran just rocks the house. I love the beads sets I have of hers.... one set is done up in a necklace I made for myself!