Friday, February 27, 2009

Shameless Self-Promotion - March/April Step by Step Beads


I'm back again with more shameless self-promo. This time it's the March/April 2009 issue of Step by Step Beads. The piece I have in here is a special one - it was the necklace I created for a Collaboration Exploration I was invited to participate in with Melanie Brooks of Earthenwood Studio and Heather Powers of Humblebeads a while back. In addition to the beautiful beads provided by these artists, I also added some really gorgeous faceted ceramic beads by Diane Hawkey to my design. Many thanks to both Melanie and Heather, as well as to, of course, the lovely people at Step by Step Beads.

On other fronts, the Short One and I have been busy painting snow. Earlier this week, his teachers at Mom's Morning Away took all of the kids out and let them "paint" the snow with spray bottles filled with food-coloring and water. The SO went completely wild over this innovative way to play with snow, so wild that we ended up making a special trip to the store to pick up spray bottles of our own. The SO got completely worked up about our new bottles, woke up the next day, bouncing up and down about them - and it rained buckets the whole day (and night).

We watched forlornly as a ton of lovely, lovely white snow got washed away bit by bit. Fortunately for me (ie, for my sanity, as the SO was quite vocal about his disappointment), when we woke up this morning, we discovered that there was still a teenie patch of snow left in the back yard. We kitted up and marched off with grim determination with our bottles. I can now safely say that there is considerably more blue and red in our yard than there was heretofore. And the SO's creative spirit seems to have been satisfied, at least for the moment.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

barbe said...

congrats!!! I will have to see if my crappy Borders has a copy.

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Barbe!!