Friday, March 21, 2008

What happened?!?


This was the view outside my window today. So I have to ask, WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO SPRING??? Tsk, how depressing. I think we've had about 4 inches already, and it's still coming down as I write this. The Short One was quite excited by this development, but I must say that I've had quite enough of the white stuff at this point.

Can anyone recommend a good epoxy to use to adhere leather cord to metal? This is the first time I'm using leather cord in a necklace without a crimping end cap or without a self-finishing knotted clasp (my favorite option), and I'm a little unclear as to whether my usual adhesive (I usually use E3000 cement or Devcon 5 epoxy, depending on the situation, if anyone is interested) will actually do the job or not. Any comments on this are quite welcome.

I'm still slogging away at my projects with no end in sight. Well, actually, that's not quite true. The deadline for filing these pieces is the end of the month, so one way or another I'll be finished with them in a little over a week. Ack.

Meanwhile, the SO seems to be gaining speed on a daily basis. I can't tell whether this is a function of age and height, or a sign that the procedure to cure his ingrown toenails has really gone well. I would like to know, however, when a toddler's ground speed tops out, as I'm already finding it a little difficult to keep up with him. I mentioned this to the Husband, and he replied, "15". I suppose it's a fair question - do kids hit a maximum mph within a year or two or do their legs just keep getting faster and faster as they grow longer, until they qualify for their driver's license? (I bet you know which answer I'd prefer.)

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'll see you on Monday. Oh, and Happy Easter, for those of you who celebrate Easter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say your husbad is pretty close to the right answer! I'm sorry I have no good tips for what you have asked on your jewelry project. But I'm happy to say I experimented with my first bottle-cap pendant this weekend and it turned out nicely. I had found a couple Saturday morning walking my dog, cleaned them up and got right to work on the first. I am just beginning on the second and am not quite sure yet how I will do this one.
vickie

Melissa J. Lee said...

Bottle caps are so satisfying to work with, aren't they? Such a great range of colors, too. Good luck with your second project!