Monday, October 26, 2009

Mom's Necklace


If anyone's interested, here's the necklace I made for my mother, complete with a photo of the Short One from his innocent, drooling days. The photo is just stuck in the box - I did not fill the well with resin, so the image can be swapped out easily at a later date, if desired. That's the theory at least - we'll see how well it all holds up in practice. The hexagonal slab-cut stone is ruby and the spacers are amethyst.

I received some nice surprises in the mail today, but I didn't have a chance to photograph them today, so I think I'll wait to show them off.

Our washing machine, which has been coughing away for the past several weeks finally gave up the ghost, so we had to take a trip out to the appliance store this evening. I was completely annoyed until I realized that I had spent slightly more on my last shipment of metal clay than the cost of the washer - which certainly says something about me and my priorities, but I'm not sure what. (Maybe that I need to get a less expensive hobby?)

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

That is gorgeous Melissa! And that picture is just the perfect complement. I like that it can be swapped out.
As for priorities...I think you are right on... clean clothes are so overrated! :-P
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Erin! My Mom likes it... Well, at some point, you've got to clean the clothes, right? The new washer is here and works much better than the old one (that came with the house when we moved here) did, so I can't complain.