Monday, April 6, 2009

Bead & Jewelry Linky Love


Ugh, sorry to be MIA all week. I did manage to complete a project by my deadline (sort of - I didn't actually complete the project I set out to make, but I completed something - it's a little complicated), but it was a completely miserable experience. I ended up bawling in front of the Short One this afternoon, I was so stressed out. He came over, gave me a big hug and said he would kiss my owie, if I told him where it was. IS THAT NOT THE CUTEST THING EVER? Ahem. Then I spent an hour tonight vomiting in the bathroom (I'm presuming from stress, although I also have a bit of a cold). I don't think I'm going to be doing this again. I like what I made, but the resulting chaos, lack of sleep and angst is just not worth it - and it causes the family to worry.

Anyway, here's a super-interesting shot of me mixing epoxy adhesive on the top of an old baby food container cover. Yay. I have to admit - I hate taking process photos. For one thing, I usually need an assistant cameraman (aka, the Husband), and we always squabble over camera angle, lighting etc., etc. (We can't cook together, either, for the same reason.) Also, my hands are in terrible shape - they are awful looking right now, not suitable for publishable photos at all. Fortunately, I got to wear gloves for this one.

And, with apologies for being a day late with these, here are your intriguing links for the week:

About.com Jewelry Making
Tammy has some tips for branding yourself and your jewelry product while also putting together some awesome packaging.

Art Bead Scene
Feeling out of step with the trends? Here's some inspiration for the fall 2009 season!

Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts
Barbe reviews Dr. Weiman's 101 More Jewelry Selling Techniques Ebook

BeadStyle magazine
Linda's jewelry does the Lindy Hop far better than she does...check out her inspiration!

Collage Brooches
Carmi features a mini canvas pendant on a felted background.

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Using gluable bracelet blanks from Rings and Things, Melanie shares ideas for how to use them in two very different ways

Jewelry & Beading
The question of the month on Jewelry & Beading is about your hardest business decisions. Let your voice be heard!

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
If it has Margot Potter's name on the cover, you know it will be a superfun and interesting book! Beyond the Bead, Margot's latest, is just that!

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
A sleepless night for Andrew produced seven new necklace designs.

Strands of Beads
Melissa shows off a celadon-themed necklace she made for Ornament Thursday

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Christina J. said...

I hope you are feeling better today!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Christina! I got a decent amount of sleep last night and I do feel better. I guess the all-nighters of my youth are gone for good - middle-age sure is a rude awakening, eh?