Sunday, August 17, 2008

Carolyn's Koi


The Short One and I had lunch with our friends Carolyn and Amy last week (C & A - thanks again! It was wonderful to see you!). Carolyn is my beading buddy - we usually attend shows together - and is also the nice person who gave me the geodes I cracked recently. (Actually, I have more to report on the geodes, but that's for another day.)

Anyway, Carolyn surprised me by wearing this lovely necklace that she fashioned using one of my koi pendants. Amy happened to have her camera with her, so we took this shot on the table at the restaurant. Don't you think she did a beautiful job? I love seeing what people do with my beads.

I actually made some new beads this weekend. I think it's the first time in over a month that I've had time to sit down and play with PMC for a little while. I'm hoping to have new work to show off by mid-week. We'll see how it goes. I'm finding that, as the SO gets even more active, the amount of time I have to devote to beads shrinks commensurately. Either that, or I'm just too tired at the end of the evening to think about doing anything but trudging up to bed.

On the other hand, it's been a real joy watching the SO's big personality get even bigger and more flamboyant, so it's not as if I can complain. A case in point - I took a shower this evening (it was a hot, sweaty day here). The SO was not pleased to lose my lap right at that point, and didn't hesitate to make his feelings known, so I invited him to join me. Now, the SO usually has a nice, warm bath. I think it fair to say that he was completely unprepared for the technological advance of the shower head. When I put him under it, his eyes became like saucers and he turned to me and said "Raining!"

Have a great day!

No comments: