Friday, August 22, 2008

Bead and Jewelry Link Love


Recently Michelle Mach, editor of Beading Daily, asked me to discuss why I enjoy working with leather cord. Her lovely article, "6 Ideas for Using Cord, Ribbon, and Other Stringing Materials", was published today (you have to be a member of Beading Daily to read it, but registration is free), including my quote and a link to this blog. Of course, it's occurred to me, ironically, that I haven't posted a photo of anything using leather cord recently, so I thought I'd run this photo of my simple koi necklace again. Out of all of the necklaces I've designed in the past year, this is one of the 2-3 I actually wear myself. (I dress completely like a soccer mom these days, and this necklace works as well with a tee shirt and jeans as it does with anything dressier.) Anyway, thank you, Michelle, for including me in your - as always! - informative article.

Here are your intriguing bead and jewelry links to help you get through your weekend:

About.com Jewelry Making
Art shows and sites like Ebay and Etsy are packed full of jewelry makers. When is enough enough or too much? Are there too many of us?

Art Bead Scene
The Art Bead Scene editors are a busy bunch! Read what they've been up to.

Art Jewelry Magazine
Robert Dancik's work is featured in the September 2008 issue of Art Jewelry magazine. Check out his project in the magazine, then watch the video on the Art Jewelry web site.

Barbe Saint John
Barbe talks about the new Naughty Secretary Club book.

Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi turns an embroidered hankerchief into a bracelet.

Carter Seibels for Divali Glass Jewelry
Carter shares some of the inspiration behind her creativity, and invites you to do the same.

Jennifer Jangles Blog
Jennifer's been felting for fun, see what she came up with

Jewelry & Beading
Whip up a simple square stitch bail for that stone donut you want to wear. In fact, whip up a whole batch of them!

Naughty Secretary Club
Take a tour of the Naughty Secretary Club studios to see where the magic happens.

Strands of Beads
Melissa reviews Tammy Powley's new book, Picture Yourself Creating Metal Clay Jewelry

Have a great weekend!

ps. I feel kind of bad for pre-empting the Short One's artwork this week but rest assured that his masterpieces will be back next week. (In case you were wondering.)

No comments: