Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Set of Four


I've had a hard time shaking my cold, I'm afraid. I was feeling poorly again yesterday and ended up going to bed right after tucking the Short One in. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law will be paying us a visit in a couple days, and I'm trying to get over this by the time they arrive. It just seems that hacking and sneezing into their faces would not be ideal hostess form.

Not surprisingly, I did not make the cut with my contest entries. Sigh. The Husband pointed out that I am still doing pretty well this year, all things considered. Sometimes H. can be irritatingly reasonable. Grumble, grumble. Anyway, here's the first of my entries - a set of four dragon buttons. I used an amethyst cab for the eye this time. Nothing much else new in this design, though. I have been debating what to do with these (and the other entries). It does seem like a good opportunity to make some new finished pieces, so I probably will be designing with them in the near future.

Meanwhile, the Short One has been learning his colors. It still completely startles me when he points to blue and yellow for green and red and while for pink (which he does consistently at this point). I don't know when I learned how to mix colors, but I'm sure I was much older than the SO is now. I'm convinced this means he has some artistic inclination, but it could just be motherly delusion...

I hope everyone is having a good week!

No comments: