Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Koi-Hime


Here's another contest piece I worked up in March. To be honest, I'm not satisfied with the way this turned out and will probably disassemble the necklace and just use the components for separate projects. I was grappling with the design when I ended up falling ill towards the end of the month and was not able to complete the revised version before the contest deadline. I'm still planning on working out a revised version, as I think it will be much better than this iteration (which just bugs me), but, as with so many things, it's been tossed in my pending pile and I may not get around to finishing it for another month or so. In the meantime, for what it's worth, here's Koi-Hime, or "Koi Princess".

I can't believe it's the end of the month already. May is a big month for me, as it's the one year anniversary for my jewelry and bead-making. I made my first PMC necklace, the one that was published in BeadStyle in January, in the last three days of the month, for the Art Bead Scene Challenge. I also finally have to stop twitting the Husband about being 40 next month, as I will turn 40 myself at the end of May (H. is only three months older than me - I always feel I need to make the most of those three months, especially this year, while I'm still a young thing in my 30s). It's likely that I'll be in a state of denial, er, taking some time off in May (classic of the increasing number of "senior moments" I seem to suffer these days - I no longer remember how to do a strike-through on Blogger), especially as we already have plans to celebrate with a little vacation at the end of the month. Oh, and of course, Mother's Day is coming up soon, too. I've been hinting around during playtime with the Short One, that Mama would like a big smooch on Mother's Day, but it's pretty much gone in one ear and out the other with him, as far as I can tell. Kids. Tsk.

So, lots of things to think about for May. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the last few hours of April and the fact that the weather has finally warmed back up to the 50s (I know some of you, especially those living in California, may find this a little pathetic, but we take what we can get around here).

Thanks for visiting! Have a great day.

No comments: