Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hocus Pocus


Here's another project that's been hanging around for a while. I think I've posted a photo of the rabbit in the top hat before but not the entire necklace. The rabbit and the two lampworked drum beads are by Jena Fulcher. The rabbit head came as part of an spring/Easter-ish set of beads I bought from her a couple years ago. Although I like cute beads, for some reason Easter rabbit heads have never been my favorite, so the bead langquished in my bead box for a while until I figured out that he didn't have to be an Easter bunny. With a little PMC, I turned him into a magic trick. I added the magic wand and hoop toggle clasp and magic card to complete the effect. This is a necklace I would definitely wear myself, if I weren't afraid of the Short One yanking the rabbit off.

The SO was due for an injection at the pediatrician's office today, so we toddled off to see the nurse and get a shot and a consolatory 'Nilla wafer. The SO has been remarkably good about going to the doctor's office so far. He always has a "Hi, how're you doing" attitude to his doctor (which I think she finds refreshing - she once told me that kids generally figure out by 18 months that they don't like her). However, this time I guess the memory of having blood drawn last month for his check-up was still too fresh in his mind, and he started bawling the minute we entered the exam room. Poor guy. After it was all over, he just sat there with a forlorn look on his face, nibbling on his cookie.

I hope your day is going better, or, if not, that you, too, get a consolatory cookie. See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

This piece is so cute!!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Lorelei!!

Maria Nyberg said...

The Hocus Pocus piece is so cute and fun. I like it a lot.
/Maria

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thank you, Maria! I'm so glad you like it. Once the SO is old enough not to yank at my necklaces, I'll definitely wear it, myself.