Monday, January 14, 2008

Monkey Love



A while back, you may recall that my blogging friend, The Vicious Chicken, went above and beyond the call of duty and purchased a large box of PG Tips tea in the UK (where she lives) and mailed me the cute monkey that came with it (let us say here that such is the VC's generosity on this point, that she is now drowning in PG Tips teabags - how many boxes did you buy for various folks, VC?). To see my original post, please go here.

Anyway, I wanted to create a little one-off pendant for her, so I dragged my feet, dragged my feet, and then, once the embarrassment of not finishing became too great, finally finished the above pendant. I'm sorry to say that the monkey has no ears, because each time I tried to stick them on, they just looked funny to me. Anyway, I made this little guy with polymer clay, sealed him with an acrylic glaze and then epoxied him onto a fine silver base.

Thank you, again, VC. The Short One is certainly enjoying having the little monkey in his menagerie.

Speaking of the Short One, and this is a complete non sequitur, despite the fact that he is not supposed to know how to read, he somehow always manages to gun for the one door in the area that is marked "Emergency Exit Only - Alarm Will Sound When Opened". I am tearing my hair out trying to figure it out. Every now and then I try to catch him from the corner of my eye, reading the Wall Street Journal or otherwise engaging in activities he allegedly isn't capable of doing yet...

Okay, due to a minor domestic mishap, my thumb is quite sore, and it's a little difficult to type right now, so I'm going to close. Thanks for visiting!

No comments: