Sunday, January 17, 2010

Does Anyone Understand Technorati?


And can you explain it to me?!? I found out by accident the other day that my blog is currently not only in the Top 100 list for the Arts on Technorati, it has been hanging tough in the No. 3 spot for the past couple days (you will note that the excellent bead blogger Carmi of Carmi's Art/Life World occupies the No. 2 spot - unless you are reading this several days from the posting date, in which case, who knows where either of our blogs ended up). While I take this as a good thing, I do not understand it at all. My blog traffic hasn't changed appreciably, the last time I checked (admittedly probably 5 months ago), my Authority Rank was in the 30s - and now it's...897? Eh?!?! I really don't get it. Not that I'm complaining, of course.

I'm starting to lose momentum in my yarn destash, so I imagine it'll be drawing to a close pretty soon. Above is my favorite of the lot - Noro Iro in the best color ever. This seriously is my favorite color of Iro. It looks 100 times better knit up than in the skein - the tiny stripe of apple green in the middle of the pinks really makes it. When Noro went and discontinued this colorway, I bought a couple bags of it. Now that I've come to my senses, I'm putting one bag of 10 skeins (more than enough for a nice cardigan) up for auction.

The new stuff is listed here, and I have deals on Colinette Skye (I'm asking only $1.00/ skein for those), should you be interested.

5 comments:

mairedodd said...

technorati is new to me... but i looked it up and saw that it is a search engine used to search blogs... i hadn't known about that... congrats!

donna said...

Congratulations! I have heard the name before but don't know a thing about it. I am sure you deserve it. I have only been here a few minutes and you have inspired me to go photo my bead jars. Serious yum! ;)

Melissa J. Lee said...

Why, thank you Donna - I can't imagine higher praise for the blog. Go bead!

As far as Technorati is concerned, it's business as usual on the blog, so...I still don't get it...

AKC said...

I just discovered technorati today and that's how I found your blog, and I'm really glad I did, you are awesome!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks for letting me know, Ashley! I still don't understand how Authority is calculated, but I certainly can't complain!