Saturday, January 10, 2009

A little night music



The Short One and H. are both asleep, and I'm sitting here listening to Ani DiFranco and polishing a load of silver I took out of the kiln earlier today - life is good. I found this video of "Both Hands" through Righteous Babe's (her label) website and thought I'd share. Like most of her work, it's a great song. My friend Anne introduced me to her music in the mid-90s. Anne took me downtown ( when I lived in NYC) to a cramped venue with no chairs packed to the brim with college kids (obviously, this was before the artist became uber-popular). The show started two hours late due to some technical difficulty or other, and it was incredibly irritating. Once she hit the stage, though, I forgot everything and ultimately walked out of the show clutching all three of the albums Ani had, at that time, released.

Have a good night, everyone.

No comments: