Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ornament Thursday: BREW


Welcome to Ornament Thursday! This month's theme is BREW. Given the time of year, I couldn't help but think of witches' cauldrons. For me, the definitive witches hovering over a cauldron have to be the Weird Sisters from Macbeth, so I took part of my favorite quote from them - "By the pricking of my thumbs / Something wicked this way comes" - as my inspiration for this piece.

To start, I stamped a heavy PMC ring and toggle bar with the words "SOMETHING WICKED" and "this way comes", respectively. Given the size of the resulting clasp, I decided I could make a hefty piece (which is usually my preference for bracelets). The faceted onyx drop is a whopping 30mm x 20mm. I used 16mm shell pearl (pearl that has been crushed and reconstituted) dyed blood red for the main part of the bracelet. The fantastic borosilicate glass bead is by Sarah Moran. I added one of my small skully charms with smaller faceted onyx beads to finish the piece.

But wait - there's more! Check out what all of the other OT members have been brewing up, here:

BeadStyle & Milwaukee's heritage
Linda shares her Amber Bock Bracelet

Brew'in up a few Witches
Witches born of glass

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva
New Beads are Brewing...

Double, Double, Toil and Trouble...
Joolz by Lisa has a "Hairy" Twist on OT Brew

It's not easy being green
Michelle yearns to be the Wicked Witch of the West - we think she's hit pay dirt here.

Strands of Beads
Something wicked is brewing at Melissa's place

No comments: