Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Even More Shameless Self-Promotion


I thought I'd go ahead and show off The Short One's other watermelon. Cute black "seeds", eh? He went around shouting "black seeds!", "black seeds!" yesterday. It's the first time he's exhibited pride in his artwork, which reminds me, once again, of how quickly the SO is growing up.

I believe the teachers also served watermelon as the mid-morning snack. I thought the whole exercise was pretty clever. Actually, I am completely amazed by how well two teachers manage twelve toddlers. Parents are pretty much completely banned from the classroom. Although the classroom has windows, they are covered with paper and no peeking is allowed. Okay, we'll move on from this topic now. But, really, they're cute drawings, right?

Speaking of watermelon, though, we're trying to grow some in the garden this year. Not much luck there yet, although the cauliflower, tomatoes, sweet peas and bok choy seem to be coming up just fine. We have no idea if the climate here is even right for watermelon. The local nursery was carrying seedlings, and the Husband bought one on the spur of the moment. Anyone have any success on this in their gardens?



It's the last day to vote! What are you waiting for? Ahem. I thought I'd issue a last reminder. Truthfully, I think there are a lot of strong contendors in the pearls category, and I'm a little doubtful I'm going to place. Because I tend to be pessimistic by nature, I thought I'd at least try to give it my all, so I wouldn't have regrets later. Anyway, here's the link to vote. To all who have already vote, many thanks. Also, have you entered my koi pendant giveaway? There's still time!

Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa
It's a beautiful piece and you deserve to win.I have placed my vote and am now keeping my fingers crossed for you.Well done SO for another lovely picture.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Hi! don't be pessimistic--think to win! you are amazing!!! and the SO's watermelon painting shows the delight in life that you are so busy conveying to him! You ARE a positive person--it's clear! :)

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks so much to you both! Well, I didn't win, but that's okay. Sometimes I need an extra push to be inspired to create new things and the contest did give me that which is great. And it was fun! So it's all good.

The SO still admires his watermelon painting every morning and so do we. I can't wait to see what he'll create next week. It seems like the start of a wonderful adventure!