Sunday, September 14, 2008

Live Out Loud



If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I,
an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud.
-Emile Zola

I love this quote, as an artist statement and as a way of life. I am pretty much a wuss in my everyday life, so I take these words as inspiration.

As you can see, I'm still a bit stuck on the whole bar quote necklace design concept. You'll probably be seeing one or two more of these before I move on to something else. This necklace is finished with a cool lampworked bead by Sarah Moran (read my interview with her here), as well as a variety of other beads. Here's a close-up:



So this is part of what I accomplished over the weekend. In addition, I made a few skully charms and finished my Ornament Thursday project (I'm the featured artist this month!), the teaser for which will go up on the OT blog this week. I also ate way too many of those bite-sized Dove ice cream bars - they were on sale at the local grocery store - but I'm not sure you could actually call that an accomplishment.

Have a good Monday, everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the quote and the necklace. I may have to steal that quote for a design of my own!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Tammy - it's a great one, isn't it?

Amanda said...

This necklace is fabulous... and the motto suits me perfectly. ;) I love how the Sarah Moran bead seems completely appropriate for the quote.

Unknown said...

I Love this peice Melissa!!!