Monday, August 24, 2009

Bead & Jewelry Linky Love



The Short One actually has a school supply list this year. I made the mistake of taking the SO with me went I went shopping for paint - with the result that I ended up having to buy two sets of watercolors, so he could have one to use at home, too. Which he has been, very diligently, so I can't really complain. Above is one of his masterpieces.

I'm late with links again this week. I was feeling so wiped out last night that I passed out shortly after putting the SO to bed. Whenever I need a big block of time to make silver components, I really find that I have to do it at night during the weekend. I was up until 4am Saturday night putting together a large focal. I guess it must be age, but I just can't spring back from a late night and spend the next day chasing after the SO - even after arranging for H. to run after him for a couple hours in the morning so I could sleep in. Oh, well. There are certainly worse problems to have.

Anyway, the links!

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
Take a peek into Lorelei's studio and see some cool bead storage solutions!

Art Bead Scene
Art Bead Scene gets green findings at the local re-use store.

Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi has a short demo on how she came up with a contest entry.

A Bead A Day
Creating a "tiara" for your wrist is easy using Jill MacKay beading components and bicone crystals.

Katie's Beading Blog
Katie's project is a free, featured download on Beading Daily. Yay!

About.com Jewelry Making
Check out my beautifully organized list of mixed-media book reviews and find the perfect book to help you mix up your jewelry making.

Jewelry & Beading
Cyndi wants to know, what's the best thing you've made so far this summer?

Jean Campbell
Jean's whipped up a free vintage button brooch project for you to try.

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Come join the fun in Philadelphia this weekend at Beadfest! Stop by the Green Girl Studios booth to say hello to Andrew and check out all the great new things available!!!

Cindy Gimbrone aka The Lampwork Diva
What do bronze and rawhide have in common? Cindy explains how she uses both in her studio.

Earthenwood Studio Chronices
Melanie contemplates taking risks, making changes, and creative experimentation to prevent art burnout

Strands of Beads
Melissa reveals her Use the Muse II Entry, "Briar Rose."

No comments: