Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Show and Tell


Well, I spent my time while the Short One was at his Mom's Morning Away program rummaging around in boxes for some charms I wanted to show you that the Husband brought back from China for me several years ago. No luck on that (and, thinking about it, I don't think I've seen them since we moved house, which may be a death knell for that particular blog post - our garage looks a bit like the warehouse at the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark"). However, I did dig out this excellent bracelet, and I thought I'd show it off instead today. This is one of Stephanie Sersich's and Michele Goldstein's collaborative works, and it was my big purchase at last year's Bead & Button Show. I have a skinny, skinny wrist that is always too small for standard sized bracelets. Nevertheless, I was ravished with desire when I saw this at Stephanie's booth, tried it on and, lo and behold, it fit. I ended up basically just not taking it off after that, and it came home with me. I love the combination of Stephanie's beautiful spiny knotting and Meesh's whimsical beads (the green frond-like beads are my favorites, although the button is also darned cute - please feel free to click on the photo for a closer look).

With an nod to Paul Simon, I have always enjoyed combining Meesh's heart beads with her bone beads (I'll try to dig up a photo of one of my necklaces to show you later this week), and Stephanie and Meesh actually call their collaborative studio Hearts & Bones, so I guess it's no surprise that I drool over most of it. If you would like to see more examples of their work together, please go here. (If I had pierced ears, I would buy one of those sets of earrings in a heartbeat, let me tell you.)

Thanks for stopping by. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok I finally found your blog! And Im adding you to my list of BLOGS I follow bc your Amazing!
Janet x