Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Horsefeathers



Okay, I admit it - I couldn't stay away. I owe an abject apology to Monkee Maker for twitting her about blogging too much after she announced that she would no longer try to update every day. Who knew rabbiting on and on about my mundane life and jewelry (and theoretically knitting) would be so addictive? It's a lot cheaper than therapy. Of course, under this scenario, I should be paying you for reading this. Hmmm.

Anyway, this lovely pendant is by Virginia Miska. I love her ceramic pendants - she has a whole range of very elegant ones. I call the necklace, sadly, Horsefeathers, because the dangling black Czech glass beads I used to finish the piece remind me of feathers. (Whatever happened to creative expletives like "horsefeathers", anyway? So much more colorful than the current range of options for expressing oneself.) The beautiful red accent beads are by Clay River Designs. I finished the piece with two pieces of moss opalite and a simple sterling clasp.

Thanks for stopping by!

ps. I forgot to mention, Virginia very kindly added this necklace to her Designer Gallery - I'm very proud to have it there! Thank you, Virginia!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think horsefeathers is perfect! Anything we an animal-well-almost any animal-associated with it, captures my heart and attention!

Monkee Maker said...

Aha! You see?? This blogging malarky is addictive! (no apology necessary though)

And another beautiful piece of work from the Strands camp :)

Melissa J. Lee said...

Aw, shucks, thanks!