Friday, July 9, 2010

Shameless Self-Promo: Creative Jewelry 2010


Creative Jewelry 2010 is now on the stands. I personally really like this issue - there are a ton of interesting designs from some of my favorite designers in here (and a truly monumental showing of beautiful ceramic beads and components from Earthenwood Studio - yay, Melanie!).

As for myself, I have four necklaces in this issue, all a little unusual for me in that they are slightly more ornate than I tend toward. One of them uses a tube of 4-color peppercorns for adornment and another uses a strand of very delicate, fan-shaped sapphires that I purchased at Bead & Button.

Anyway, I hope you'll check out the issue - it's worth it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is an exceptionally jam packed issue! I was in a hurry when I paged thru it at B & N yesterday but had forgotten my wallet of cash! I am going back tomorrow to purchase and will look at what youve done!
Janet
OX

Dawn M. Lombard said...

Wow - I can't wait to check it out. I never heard of this magazine before.

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Janet! There's really tons of good stuff in there from all of our favorite people!

Dawn, Creative Jewelry is an annual magazine - it only comes out in the summer. That's probably why you haven't heard of it. It's a big issue with simple stringing projects.

TesoriTrovati said...

Finally picked up an issue at Hobby Lobby this weekend. Your peppercorn necklace is by far one of my very favorites. Inspired! I have used those tubes for years, but never thought to cap them off and fill them with something! That is brilliant. You are such a creative force (and so is Melanie! Wow there was a lot of Earthenwoods in there!) So glad that I know you...
Enjoy the day!
Erin

cedar chest said...

I am waiting for that! That magazine is one of my collections. I love everything inside that magazine. I am hoping that it will be release soon.

Lo Christine said...

I just saw this issue and had to look you up! Love your work:)

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks for visiting!