Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Winter Roses


Welcome to Ornament Thursday, Part Deux.

Here's another extremely simple and quick idea for holiday adornment. This project is based on one I made back in October for Terrorific Tuesday, entitled Gothic Pink. I'm still rather in love with the vintage pink lucite rose beads I purchased several months ago, so I thought I'd use them again for a similar, albeit slightly more feminine, project.

For some reason, I've always been intrigued by the idea of winter roses, so I combined these with faceted white quartz and one of my snowflake pendants. I strung the beads simply on stretchy Magic Cord. It's gone over well in this house. The Short One took it over and spent the afternoon playing with it - nothing like stretchy beaded thingies for hours of fun (and it's still in one piece, even).

I'm off to coerce my husband into finalizing gift selections for his side of the family. He's the only person I know who starts hyperventilating when forced to shop on-line. (Or maybe it's just a guy thing?)

Cindy Gimbrone Puts Up Her Xmas Tree!
Fused Glass Xmas tree ornament sparkles from Cindy's real Xmas tree.

Friendly Plastic Ornaments and Sew simple mittens
This week in the countdown to Christmas, Michelle shares her recipe for Friendly Plastic Ornaments and Helen sews another tree ornament

Gingham and beads and buttons, oh my
Counterchanges smocked gingham forms the foundation for this homespun ornament

HHH Enterprises
We are pleased to have this special guest join us this month!

My Favorite Things in an Ornament!
Lisa shares a special gift ornament

New Beaded Ornament
See our special guest's beautiful creation!

Secret Garden Christmas Tree Ornament
Michelle's got a special tree from the Botanicabella collection!

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

RupaB said...

You know while dropping my son of at school this morning..I actually spotted pink buds all over the rose bushes on the driveway...my bushes yeild ivory white roses so the salmon pink buds caught my eyes and my surprise....must send you a picture, the buds are really really pretty!

Anonymous said...

Love those pink rose beads - wow!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

That is such a stunning and perfect bracelet! Sizewize, shapewise, and epth of color-all perfectly balanced!

xox jean

Unknown said...

What a pretty bracelet! The pink and white together really are lovely.

Melissa J. Lee said...

Rupa, I love it! Do you live in an area of the country that gets much snow?

Thanks, Tammy - and thanks for stopping by!

Jean, You are, as always, a sweetheart - thank you, my friend!

Linda - thanks for visiting. I'm so glad you like it!

Michelle McGee said...

So unique and pretty!