I've been tagged by Lorelei. I met Lorelei through Art Bead Scene. She makes lovely jewelry and was recently interviewed by ABS. Go here to read the interview.
Hmm, I've never done this before, so you'll have to excuse me if I don't do something quite right. Okay, here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. 2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 3. Tag 7 people* at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. Seven random and/or weird facts about myself:
1. I cry easily and am extremely sentimental. What this basically means is that you'll sometimes come across me watching tv, sobbing over a McDonalds commercial (embarrassing but true).
2. I started making beads to avoid going completely stir-crazy at home when the Short One was an infant. I love the SO as only a neurotic older mother can, but I still needed (and still need) a little private time.
3. For me, the only way to eat a poached egg is with soy sauce.
4. I never really outgrew liking stuffed animals. In fact, the Short One's monkey (Senior) was actually my monkey before the SO was born. I made the Husband buy the monkey for me before we married. I mean, I seriously made him buy it for me - a few tears (read no. 1, above) and a you're-so-cheap-you-won't-even-buy-me-a-stuffed-monkey sentiment may have been involved. (I'm not proud of this, but, as I've pointed out to H., the monkey is the SO's favorite buddy now, so it's all good. For some reason, H. rolls his eyes a lot when I say this.)
5. My favorite flavor of ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide.
6. I never wear makeup. Even when I was working as a lawyer, I never wore it. (Although one of the male partners in the large New York firm where I started my career once told my next door neighbor to look more professional and "put on some makeup", I never actually had anyone say it to me. Thank God. Grrrr.)
7. I'm scared of large insects, like cicadas. We had one of those 17-year cicada summers this past summer where I live. I ended up getting cicadas in my hair and down my shirt while strolling with the SO under some trees - I screamed (the SO found this terribly entertaining). After that, any time a cicada made it into our basement (the whole town was crawling with them for six weeks), I always sent the Husband downstairs to deal with it.
Okay, so now you know more about me than you probably wanted to know. I had a very hard time selecting just seven victims, er, friends to tag in turn, but here is what I decided:
Okay, I must confess - I have a memory like a sieve. I may have inadvertently selected one or two people who have been tagged previously (I have one person in mind in particular, but I scanned her archives and did not come up with a relevant post). If you've already been tagged and would like to pass, feel free to leave me a comment, and I'll pick someone else. Also, there are a couple people I would have tagged, but I was almost positive they'd already been tagged, so... And I know I picked eight people, not seven - shhhh! (Why am I worrying so much about this? Am I really that anal? Don't answer that.)
Anyway, have a great day. I'm determined to get some beads done this week, so there should be new work to show in the next 2-3 days.
I am an intellectual property lawyer by training and have a background in English Renaissance literature. I love science fiction. I primarily watch Sesame Street these days and find myself humming "Pop Goes the Weasel" at odd moments (guess why). I can happily eat ice cream in the middle of winter when the wind chill is 20 below 0. I have been making beads and designing jewelry since 2007.
2010 - Winner, First Place, British Bead Awards, Other Finished Bead Jewellery 2010 - Winner, Second Place, British Bead Awards, Metal Clay Jewellery 2010 - Winner, Second Place, Bead Dreams, Metal Clay
2010 - Grand Prize, Gold Medal Winner, Fire Mountain Gems and Beads, Metal Clay, Metal Beads, Wirework and Chain Jewelry-Making Contest
2010 - Finalist, Bead Star, Stones, Plastics and Designs with Heart Categories
2009 - Winner, First Place, British Bead Awards, Metal Clay
2009 - Winner, Second Place, British Bead Awards, Beyond Glass, Handmade Beads and Components
2009 - Winner, Second Place, Bead Arts Awards, Necklace
2009 - Finalist, Bead Dreams, Metal Clay
2008 - Finalist Fire Mountain Gems and Beads Beading Contest, Metal Clay
2008 - Finalist, Bead Star, Pearls
A word about copyright
As indicated in the copyright notice, the contents of this blog are copyright by me. To the extent that instructions to make jewelry, beads, knit items or other instructions are included in this blog, they are free for you to use to make the projects for personal use. They should not be used for commercial purposes, ie, to make items for resale.