Thursday, August 16, 2007

OK Go - Here It Goes Again

When I work with PMC, I usually work in dead silence, or with the television on in the background while my husband watches something. It never even occurred to me that I might turn on some music until Melanie Lukacs mentioned that she often works to music. So, then I started thinking about what kind of music to play (aside from Fred Small's "If I were a Moose and You were a Cow", of course). Two names that immediately came to mind were 1. Jonathan Coulton (more on him later) and 2. OkGo.

My husband and I discovered OkGo when we attended a live taping of NPR's "This American Life" a few years ago. They're that kind of band. We're really fond of them - I took my husband to see them perform for his birthday a year or two later and they were even better than we remembered. Their YouTube video of the single "Here it Goes Again" has been floating around for almost a year, I think - it's the best video with treadmills that I've ever seen. (I love the little speed-skating move that shows up in the middle of the video.) If you haven't seen it already, why not take a look?


2 comments:

Rachel said...

You have got to love ok go. They rock!!!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Aren't they great? I'm dying to see one of their live concerts again...