Sunday, August 19, 2007

Ill Met by Moonlight


I'm extremely tired, but I wanted to get this up tonight. Sorry if this is a little short. "Ill met my moonlight" is the greeting Oberon offers Titania in "A Midsummer Night's Dream". In this case, the moon is one of the ceramic cabochons Melanie Lukacs of Earthenwood Studio provided me for experimentation. Thank you, Melanie! I made a firmament (ie, stars) clasp out of PMC3 as well. The leaf beads were an experiment with resin. I made the molds for the leaves from polymer clay and silicone mold material. The end result was a little cruder than I'd hoped, but I think they still work in the necklace. I finished the necklace with black freshwater pearls.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi I think this necklace is lovely and the leaves they are grand!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks so much, Janet! The leaves were more finicky to make than I expected. I might try making another batch tonight or tomorrow...

Unknown said...

PS I think I need to do a heist into your abode and make thm mine! LOL I LOVE THEM!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Hee, hee! Thank you!