Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Love Code


I thought I'd show off another project from Barb Switzer's Earrings, Earrings, Earrings! This one is entitled "Love Code" - for my Geek Love pendant which spells out the word "love" in binary code. This one is probably my favorite of the three sets I have in the book. In case you are wondering, this is the photo I sent in as part of my project proposal - the photography in the book is significantly more stunning. This is a great book - I'm so happy to have had the opportunity to be a part of it.

On other fronts, I've been enjoying watching Susan Boyle sing "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Mis on the Internet. I have to confess, I haven't ever watched a single second of "American Idol" - the show has never really appealed to me for some reason. However, I have watched a few clips from the English version, "Britains Got Talent". I love underdog stories and this show has had a couple doozies, including Susan's audition for the 2009 season of the show, which was wonderful. ITV, the English station that airs the show, will not allow embedding of the video (and you have to sit through the sponsor's commercial to see it), but you can see an abbreviated version of her audition through the channel's website, here. It's brilliant - well worth watching if you have not already seen it. Let's hear it for underdogs.

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

Lisa Crone said...

How cool! Congrats on being part of the book, that's awesome!!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Lisa!