Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Furin


Remember that huge pile of resin beads I picked up last month? Here's something simple that I made with a strand. I love the subdued cola-color of these beads, and they are nice and chunky. It's a little hard to see in this photo, but it picks up a similar shade in the beautiful rhodonite lentil bead. The shape of the focal was inspired by Japanese wind chimes, called furin. The little "chime" at the bottom is one of my small Dragon Heart pendants.

I've been reading Margot Potter's Beyond The Bead: Making Jewelry With Unexpected Finds, and it's pretty fab. I hope to have a full review of the book either this week or next week.

On other fronts, for some reason, the Short One has gone made for "Blue's Clues" again. I'm going equally mad trying to pick up licensed goods from the show - it's been off the air for long enough now that the manufacturers have discontinued all of the products, except a handful of books and DVDs. It seems you can only find handy dandy notebooks for exorbitant amounts on the secondary market (ie, eBay) these days. Since I know that the SO has probably only about a year - year and a half left before he outgrows the show, I don't want to invest a huge amount in it. I think I may have to resort to making my own... Oh, if only the show had lasted for one more year. Sigh.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

SueBeads said...

This is so pretty!