Friday, June 20, 2008

Where Does the Time Go?


I can't believe it's the weekend already. The Husband and I took a "date night" tonight and left the Short One with his grandmother (said G. always enjoys telling us that the SO didn't even know we were gone on the occasions when she visits and babysits - some day I suspect she will simply tuck him under her arm and take him back home with her without telling us). We went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. The movie was fun and didn't require a lot of strenuous thought, which was basically what we needed. I am not really up on any of the young actors these days (I feel like such an old fogey), but I must say that I tend to enjoy Shia LaBeouf's movies. Before the SO was born, H. and I actually went to see "Holes" by ourselves at the theater. Really a great movie - a cute story involving two boys who form an unlikely friendship in an unlikely place, a family curse and hidden treasure - and one we intend to introduce to the SO when he's old enough. If you have young kids, I recommend it.

I'm determined to get a few things done this weekend, so hopefully I will have new work to show for it next week. In the meantime, here's a little bead blogging linky love:

About.com Jewelry Making
Tammy hearts jewelry making! Find a load of heart-themed jewelry projects along with a free e-course designed around the theme of love.

Art Bead Scene
Ahoy Mateys! Cap'n Heather Powers sails us to a new ABS Feature - The Trendy Bead! This week's trend is nautical - no swabbin' the deck required!

Barbe Saint John's Blog
Tool Love-How many pairs of wire cutters can one girl own, and whats the difference between them?

BeadStyle Magazine
BeadStyle Senior Editor Naomi talks where her great finds from the Bead&Button Show will turn up next.

Jennifer Jangles Blog
Want to know where to buy ceramic supplies? Check out Jennifer's Blog.

Katie's Beading Blog
Check out Katie's new video clip from the public television show Beads, Baubles & Jewels!

Naughty Secretary Club
Get all caught up on the latest office gossip with the Naughty Secretary Club Newsletter.

Savvy Crafter
Candie's definitely been inspired by her Asian adventures---see a Fan-tastic necklace and some fabric she plans to make into a kimono shirt.

Strands of Beads
Melissa takes at look at Chinese character name stamps from a crafty point of view

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

Gotta love HOLES! My husband shows this movie in his 7th grade classes right before summer vacation.
The kids love it!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Hey, Lorelei - Wow, your husband is a teacher? I admire his stamina - I don't think I could keep up with all of the kids!