Thursday, April 21, 2011

Roman Glass


My local bead store, Chelsea's Beads, has just brought in a really nice shipment of Roman glass beads. (I took a look, and some of them are available on-line. In fact - hey! - I didn't even see those cute fish shaped beads when I was in the store.) It's difficult to tell from the above photo, but these beads are actually pretty big - the focal pendant is about 2" in diameter. Look under the " Large Circle" section on-line for similar-sized strands. Ack - since I first drafted this, they've already sold out! On the plus side, the barrel shaped beads are now 50% off, so you may want to check them out (soon!).


This photo is pretty terrible, but I really loved these two strands - the blue is a beautiful cobalt blue and the smaller beads come from broken bangles and are very colorful. For those unfamiliar with this great, family-owned store, Chelsea's Beads does have wholesale accounts - please contact them for details. (By the way, I purchased all of these beads myself, and the store does not know that I am blogging about them.)

7 comments:

Erin S said...

I bought a strand of roman glass at the last bead show I went to. I am totally infatuated with them. I have a simple idea for how to use some of them, but who knows when I'll finally get around to it...

Melissa J. Lee said...

Yeah, I know what you mean! I should just sit down and do it, but getting started is always the biggest hurdle for me.

jamberry_song said...

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing these. Someday I want to get my clepto-little fingers on some of that Roman glass. :3 Have to use up some more of my stash first, though... hoarding beads is a problem. XD I love the colorful strand in your lower picture, too. Gorgeous!

Melissa J. Lee said...

They're hard to resist, right? Now I just need to sit down and make something with them...

Pretty Things said...

That Roman glass is AWESOME!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Apparently it's been selling out really fast - I can see why...

Andrew Thornton said...

I have huge love for Roman glass. Thanks for sharing this new source. I'm smitten!