Saturday, May 8, 2010

Shameless Self-Promo - Easy Beading Vol. 6





I just received my advance copy of Easy Beading Vol. 6: Fast. Fashionable. Fun. in the mail today. My project, "Branch Out for Fall", appeared originally in BeadStyle magazine in November 2008. The necklace incorporates one of my Autumn Tree pendants:




This design was one of the first I ever made in metal clay and the project was the first one I ever sold to a magazine, so it remains a favorite.

If you are a longtime reader of this blog, you probably already know this, but for anyone else - it was the positive reception to my early work by the editors of BeadStyle magazine that really encouraged me to continue designing and working with metal clay. So, as you can imagine, I am so pleased that they selected this project to include in their sixth "best of BeadStyle" volume.

This is a hefty tome, full of beautiful projects - many by names you will already know. I tried to pick out a few favorites to highlight here, but there are too many - Jean Yates' "Linked Barcelets", Jane Konkel's "Fashionista Frida", a ton of beautiful pieces by Rupa Balanchandar, including one of my personal favorites, "Tibetan Prayer Wheel Pendant", work by Lorlei Eurto, Heather Powers, Susan Kennedy, Nina Cooper, and on and on!

It's a good book. Really.

2 comments:

Barbara Lewis said...

Congratulations! I know I was about ready to give up when BAJ saw my work and encouraged me to submit. Thank God for serendipities like this! Can't wait to see your work in the magazine!

Amy F said...

Congrats! I love that pendant!