Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Question for My English Readers (+Bead & Jewelry Linky Love)


To anyone living in England (esp. London or Oxfordshire) - have you seen this chocolate before? Can you tell me where I can buy it? My father's traveling to England shortly, and I'm sending him on a mission to bring back a few things for my son: 1. Cadbury Highlights 2. Cavalier No Sugar Added Belgian Chocolates and 3. Marmite. (Okay, the Marmite's for me, but still.) I figure that the Cadbury Highlights ought to be available at any Tesco or Sainsburys, but I'm not so sure about the No Sugar Added Belgian Chocolate. On the off chance that anyone is actually familiar with this brand, I thought I'd post a pic and ask. Any tip on where something like this might be purchased would be very welcome. Thank you!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming:

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Like Czech glass? Andrew hosts a giveaway courtesy of Raven's Journey. Find out how you can win these luminous beads!

Beading Arts
How many people out there are participating in the Bead Journal Project this year?

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean is delighted to review Totally Twisted by Kerry Bogert! You will LOVE this book which focuses on wire and art beads!

Art Bead Scene
ABS is here to help you with your business. Check out Zazzle to customize your earring cards for your jewelry business.


Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts
Book Review: Wrap, Stitch, Fold and Rivet

About.com Jewelry Making
Tammy ask in this quick poll about how you use social networking to promote you and/or your jewelry business.

Humblebeads
Heather shares some time management tips for creatives.

A Bead A Day
Looking to make some super-sized jewelry just perfect for a princess? Lisa uses large blueberry briolettes and a swarovski mix to create just that!

Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi's button maker is the reason for this new vintage image necklace.

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
Bead storage has been a question amongst my fellow beady peers, and so I thought I would share a link to how I utilize my bead storage.

Cindy Gimbrone aka The Lampwork Diva
This week's Wednesday Wire is a free tutorial, "Matchin' by Wrappin'."

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Learn about the Raku firing process and see the results of Melanie's new Raku adventures!

Jean Campbell
Jean reviews Kate McKinnon's wonderful new addition, Sculptural Metal Clay.

Strands of Beads
Melissa discusses the process of reworking a weak necklace design - the revised version of which now appears on the cover of The Best of Step by Step Beads.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa! I lived in Scotland 4 years with my brit husband. You can get marmite at any corner grocery Im sure or at Tescos a great super market. Also Marks and Spencers you can find them and the shells you would find there. Really any up market store will carry those shells.

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Janet! I will ask my Dad to check Marks & Spencers (it has to be the sugar-free chocs, though). Our last jar of Marmite went off around 2007, so I decided it was time to replace it!

Winchell Clayworks said...

There's a store in Freeport ME that specializes in brit foods: http://www.britishgoods.com/ I know they carry Marmite, and they might carry some other goodies you're looking for.

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks so much - I actually do order Cadbury Highlights from a similar store in CT. It's just so darned expensive relative to what you'd pay in England. Still, if they have the chocolates, it would be a definitely plus. I will check them out!

Ann said...

Be sure to have him pick up some Kit Kats! They are so much better over there!