Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Procrastination


Mermaid's Grotto, July Art Bead Scene Challenge

Like an idiot, I decided at 10:30pm that it wasn't too late to enter another piece in the July Art Bead Scene Challenge (the theme for this month is "Mermaid's Grotto" - visit www.artbeadscene.com for details). This would not have been a problem, except that the deadline for entries is Midnight tonight (not sure which time zone, though), and I hadn't even started stringing the piece. Optimistic, eh?

A few weeks ago, I won a set of gorgeous reactive glass beads from Jenn Kelly of Cali Girl Art Glass (www.caligirlartglass.com). The reactive deep blue color of the glass reminded me of the deep sea, so when they arrived, I thought immediately that the beads would be perfect in a bracelet, with stick pearls. Tonight, I added a Terra Trinket from Melanie Brooks Lukacs of Earthenwood Studio, a button clasp that I had made earlier from PMC3 and a few seed beads.

By the way, if anyone is wondering why I often use this deep red background, I have to tell you - this is actually the seat of one of my dining room chairs. Although it would be nice if the color were more neutral, the ultrasuede is finer than any other fabric I have in the house right now. One of these days I'll buy a light box...

No comments: