Monday, March 7, 2011

Shameless You-Know-What



It took me ages to track them down in the U.S., but I did finally manage to get copies of Issues 27 and 28 of Bead Magazine - with full coverage of the 2010 British Bead Awards. With the winners split between the two issues, I had one piece in each magazine.

The photography of the winners is really spectacular, and I enjoyed seeing all of the pieces from the various categories. Vanessa Walilka's garment (which she calls a "first scale mail armor piece"), in particular, is incredible - kind of a female-warrior-industrial-age-of-dragons jacket. If you can't find a copy of the magazine, you can see the piece on her website, here - and I strongly encourage you to check it out.

Thank you, Bead Magazine, for making my work look so good - I loved the photo of "Geology"! (You can see my much less impressive entry photo here.)

4 comments:

Erin S said...

You rock, Melissa! You totally deserve it.
Erin S

Andrew Thornton said...

Congratulations on your wins! You totally deserved them! Your pieces rocked the house! (In some cases, literally!)

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Erin and Andrew. I hope you both are doing well. (One of these nights I'm going to do nothing but get caught up on my blog reading... Baby steps, baby steps...)

Unknown said...

Hey Melissa, Glad you loved the photos! If you ever can't get hold of the mag you can always order it from our website www.hobbyworld.tv
x Chloe