Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Still Alive


I just thought I'd drop in quickly to say that, yes, I am still here! I've received such wonderful, kind messages from friends and colleagues over the past months. Thank you all - I really appreciate it. All of my time in the real world has been spent taking care of the Short One over the past few months (who is doing very well, I hasten to say). However, as a result, I've just been too tired to keep up with the blog and really haven't created any new jewelry recently (although you should see how crammed with ideas my sketch book is these days).

Here's a piece that I created earlier in the year that I thought would be timely to share. Despite the stark color combinations, I think it has a bit of a holiday vibe going. What do you think? Pearls, rubies and lava rock, all tied neatly together with a beautiful pendant by Saki silver.

We're slowly getting ready for our annual celebration, here. This is the first year the SO has been really excited about Christmas. He insisted on handling most of the tree-trimming himself this past Sunday - which, of course, means that 80% of our ornaments are now hanging from the three bottom-most branches of our rather large evergreen.

I hope you are doing well, too. Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

So glad to see you here Melissa! I have been staring at that special little Saturn charm you sent me wondering when the inspiration will strike for that one to take flight. I love the juxtaposition of the pearly shell and the rough lava. Good stuff. I remember those days... now we are more evened out but sill have a tendency to be on the lower half. Enjoy it all! Know that I am thinking of you!
Enjoy the day.
Erin

Regina said...

Good to hear from you and glad to know that family is doing well. Gorgeous necklace! Merry Christmas!

Michelle Mach said...

Good to see a post from you! I have your little dragon heart charm on my work table--I'm hoping as soon as this holiday craziness is done, I'll be able to finish the idea in my head!

Pretty Things said...

That's such a beautiful piece! I'm drawn to anything with red in it!

Carmen said...

És preciosa. Feliç any 2011 !!

Symbol Jewelry said...

What a beautiful piece! Are those red baroque pearls? And I love the clasp! You can wear it in front or in the back to give the necklace a different feel!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thank you! The pearls are beautiful, aren't they? I agree that you could easily where the clasp in front - I love Saki Silver's clasps.