Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Have Spaceship, Will Travel


Here's another new entry in my book of charms. Images of Saturn are so beautiful and classic looking - I couldn't resist making it my third space-themed charm. (Erin Prais-Hintz has had this uncanny ability to read my mind when it comes to upcoming designs - she's done it at least three times in the past year. Each time I read one of her comments, my first response has been: "Shhhh! Don't tell anyone else - I'm not ready yet!" If you look at my earlier rocket ship charm post, you'll see she got me again. It did motivate me to finish up these charms, though. Thanks, Erin!)

Actually, this isn't the first Saturn bead I've made. This design - all of the space designs, really - date back to 2008, when I first had the idea to develop a line of space-themed beads. I did create this three dimensional Saturn back then, but, as usual, I got distracted and moved on to other projects.



I think these charms are a modest beginning in the right direction. Hopefully, I'll be continue down this road (including more of the larger, three dimensional Saturns) this year.

In the meantime, though, I'll enjoy these charms. I hope you do, too.

By the way, does anyone know the origin of the title of this post? It's a slight misquote of the title of one of my all-time favorite science fiction books from when I was a kid. I'm just wondering if there are any other fans out there!

Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Ha! Ha! A mind-reader? That is funny! I will have to keep my ideas to myself (or else just email you privately) from now on!
That Saturn is totally cute. Fits the theme so very well! I love these rustic, simple little charms. So full of potential. And so dang cute too!
Enjoy the day, Melissa!
Erin ;-)
P.S. Great minds think alike, you know! And if you have a great mind (which I know you do!) then I will take that to mean that my mind isn't too shabby either! ;-)

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Erin. Rustic is exactly what I'm aiming for - I'm so glad you used that word!

I'm always completely dumbfounded when you do that - the first time was talking about adding a hinge to the eye-in-keyhole pendant. (That's still on my to-do list - I've had the unfired box lid sitting in my work area for ages...) I agree (of course!) great minds do think alike!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I love these little charms!

Diana P. said...

Those charms are great! They'd look really cute together on a necklace or bracelet!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, guys!