Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bead & Jewelry Linky Love


Yes, this is what it looks like - π taken to eight decimal points. I made this "Piece of Pi" pendant and tucked it away in my Etsy store last year completely on a whim, thinking it would just sit around looking beautifully mathematical. So, of course, it sold almost immediately. I find it quite thrilling that there are actually other geeky, jewelry-loving people out there in the world. I've been thinking I might make a more complex version this year...

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Here are your new bead and jewelry links for the week:

Snap out of it Jean! There's beading to be done!
jean is amazed by the treasures you find in Cynthia Thornton's spectacular wonder of a book, Enchanted Adornments!

About.com Jewelry Making
Make it merry with holiday jewelry and crafting ideas.

Art Bead Scene
An Art Bead Scene first - the December sponsors collaborate on a special set of art beads for the December monthly challenge prize!

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
Liver of Sulfur is finally in Lorelei's repertoire of jewelry techniques.

Jewelry & Beading
Cyndi is giving away a copy of Ronna Sarvas Weltman’s unique polymer clay book called "Ancient Modern". Come and get in on this contest!

Cindy Gimbrone aka The Lampwork Diva
Cindy has developed a new line of jewelry to remind us all to live life slowly and enjoy what we have. First in the series is "Grounded."

Jean Campbell
Jean describes what it's like to edit someone's book and shares her thoughts on Marcia DeCoster's latest, Beaded Opulence.

A Bead A Day
It's Arts & Crafts Week on Lisa's A-Bead-A-Day Blog! A different craft product is featured each day with ideas for incorporating them into jewelry pieces. Stop by and share your ideas!

Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi uses a leather button to make a wearable collage.

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Andrew adds new pieces from Hawaiian artist, Candice Wakumoto, to his shop.

Barbe Saint John - New Treasures from Forgotten Artifacts
Barbe is the last link in a Necklace Round Robin, Check out the finished pieces!

Strands of Beads
Melissa trys out Friendly Plastic (and likes the results).

Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

Mel C said...

If you get those pi pendants back up on Etsy, tell me - I have some deeply geeky friends who would adore them.

mairedodd said...

that is so cool! yes, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round (said another geeky jewelry person)...

Anonymous said...

It took me a minute when looking at it, before I read the description, to figure out what it was. When it clicked, a big smile came on my face. I agree, if this comes back up, I want one!

In Beads and Happiness,
Suzann Sladcik Wilson

Anonymous said...

It took me a minute when looking at it, before I read the description, to figure out what it was. When it clicked, a big smile came on my face. I agree, if this comes back up, I want one!

In Beads and Happiness,
Suzann Sladcik Wilson

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, guys! I feel all warm and fuzzy, now. I guess I'll be makin' more Pi pendants...