Monday, February 23, 2009

USE THE MUSE Contest


Well, given how generally unproductive I've been lately, I've been trying to resist this one for the past few weeks, but I just had to give in to temptation today - I finally ordered my kit for the USE THE MUSE contest.

Scarlett Lanson, Contributing Editor of Beadwork Magazine ("Scarlett's Style"), has started this inspired challenge-style contest. All entrants will receive the above kit, plus a special "Muse" item. Contestants will create their best designs using the "Muse" (the one piece from the kit that must be used) and whatever other elements in the kit they desire, along with beads from their own stashes. I love this concept - the "Muse" sort of reminds me of the secret ingredient in "Iron Chef", a show I love (I realize this might not be exactly the image the creator has in mind - sorry, Scarlett!). I'm mighty curious to find out what the "Muse" is.

One catch - because I was dithering over entering, I've left things kind of late. If you wish to enter, you must buy a kit by no later than February 28th. (If you feel you are too late to enter this one, though, fear not. I understand from Scarlett that she intends to hold another similar contest later this spring, so be sure to sign up for her newsletter when you visit her website.) For more information and the complete rules, please go here.

4 comments:

Joann Loos said...

I'm got the kit too. The muse is different than my normal style tho, so I'll have to work hard to get something nice....

Melissa J. Lee said...

I'm predicting it will be different from my usual style, too. I think that's part of the fun of a challenge, though - it sort of leads you out of your comfort zone..

TesoriTrovati said...

I love a challege! Thanks for mentioning it. I just bought my kit!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Melissa J. Lee said...

Yay, Erin! I was worried that my post was too late to do anyone any good. I'm glad you're participating!